- All Inclusive
- Boat Tours
- Costa Rica
- Family Friendly
- Guide Service included
- Horseback Riding
- Scuba Diving
- Swimming Pool
- Unique Locations
Set in a private nature reserve spread over 1,000 acres of Central America’s last remaining lowland tropical rainforest in the wild Osa Peninsula, Lapa Rios is paradise for wildlife, nature and beach lovers. Our 17 private bungalows line three ridges overlooking the pristine point where the Golfo Dulce meets the Pacific Ocean.
Built over 350 feet above sea level, our property was designed in harmony with surrounding forest and beaches and was built with locally harvested materials. Much more than a luxurious eco lodge, Lapa Rios is a model ecoturism project and National Geographic Unique Lodge that has won worldwide awards for social and environmental excellence, and is a featured sustainable tourism pioneer.
Home to monkeys, macaws, pumas, toucans, tree frogs and thousands of other creatures, a trip to Lapa Rios Eco Lodge will be the trip of a lifetime.
Fall asleep to the lull of distant waves. Awake to the sunrise and the call of howler monkeys. Step outside your bungalow to find a thermos of fresh roasted Costa Rican coffee waiting for you. As you make your way to the lodge for breakfast, you’re sure to be greeted by wild monkeys, toucans, macaws, sloths and other creatures of the rainforest on the path leading to the restaurant, Brisa Azul.
The 17 luxurious bungalows are nestled along a ridge in our 1000-acre private Rainforest Reserve. The bungalows are open-air with screens that allow you to experience the sounds, sights and smells of the rainforest and the ocean. All bungalows have ceiling fans (no air-conditioning) and offer stunning views of the Pacific Ocean or Golfo Dulce from your bed or spacious private decks.
The standard amenities for all 17 of the luxurious bungalows include:
- private outdoor deck with rain head shower, hammock and lounge chairs
- king size bed or two queen size beds (depending on bungalow) with 400-thread count, organic cotton linens
- ceiling fans (no air-conditioning necessary with fresh ocean breezes)
- two 110V electrical outlets (standard American outlets)
- spacious indoor bathrooms with two showers
- waffle cotton bathrobes
- locally made, biodegradable, organic soaps, lotions and shampoos
- computer-sized safety box
- complimentary local coffee delivered to your bungalow in the morning
- cleaning service twice a day
- evening turndown service (that will make you smile)